As technologies like Java and C# have taken off, it is becoming more difficult to find candidates with the skills that our clients require. With urgent projects often depending on recruiting the right person, there is a lot at stake. That’s why more and more of our clients are turning to IT graduates – and with great success. In the time it takes to recruit an experienced developer, they can get a capable graduate on board and train them up to a good level.
That’s why we want to hear from you! If you are a recent graduate who is looking for your first role in the industry, then read on. Our clients want to hear from you if you have the following attributes:
- A 2:2 or above in Computing (or other IT degree)
- Some evidence of your work! If you have an online portfolio of projects, let prospective employers see it!
- Some relevant experience – this doesn’t have to be commercial experience; our clients are just as happy to talk to candidates that have done a placement year working as a developer, freelance or volunteer work, or even a dissertation project that shows what you can do. This will set you apart from the competition – you’d be surprised how many graduates don’t think this is important.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the industry. There is no shortage of graduates on the market – so our clients are looking for individuals with that ‘X factor’ that will make them a wonderful addition to their team.
The benefits of working with an agency like Blues Point include:
- Gaining access to roles in the IT industry with clients that don’t recruit via any other means;
- Working with consultants that can provide advice on your CV and interview technique;
- Using technical testing to find your level of ability ahead of interview; and
- Building a long-term relationship with someone who can help you to find work at any stage of your career.
And the benefits to our clients of taking on graduates are plentiful too!
- Individuals who are starting out in the industry tend to be flexible, versatile and willing to learn;
- Taking on a junior person with lower salary requirements means the money that is saved can be invested in the employee’s training or in helping them to gain industry accreditations; and
- Bringing someone on board who is brimming with enthusiasm can invigorate and motivate the team.
If you are interested in a midlands-based role as a junior developer wherein you will gain an excellent career path and access to cutting-edge technology, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!