Thomas HPTI (High Potential Trait Indicator) - Psychometric Testing
Most businesses aim to promote from within as much as possible. It’s therefore very important to develop your staff and give them the opportunity for career progression.
But be careful! The Peter Principle is a concept in management theory formulated by Laurence J. Peter and published in 1969. It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate’s performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and “managers rise to the level of their incompetence”.
How Can Blues Point Help?
- We put high-flying individuals through an HPTI assessment to assess their future potential. You can find out whether or not they will thrive in that senior leadership position.
- When an employee reaches true proficiency in their role, it’s a good idea to benchmark them so that you know what you’re aiming for, if and when you need to replace them. We can do this for you.
How Does This Assessment Work?
The Thomas High Potential Trait Indicator (HPTI) helps identify leadership potential by exploring a person’s personality traits and provides an insight into how suited they may be for a given job role or position, for example senior executive leadership. The assessment is easy, but by completing the test, you’ll gain a comprehensive report into the individuals potential. By understanding someone’s personality and how this interacts with a particular function or role, you can work with them to develop their strengths and areas for improvement so they reach their full potential in work to which they are well suited.
Assess: Personality and potential
Type: Normative psychometric assessment
Time: 8 – 10 minutes
HPTI gives you an insight into a person’s personality traits and how suited these are to a given role or position. It helps you to ensure you have the right people in the right roles and are developing them to reach their full potential.
Thomas HPTI for Leadership Potential
HPTI for Leadership Potential supports your existing leaders in becoming the best they can be and gives you an objective tool with which to identify and nurture your next generation of leaders.
Use Thomas HPTI psychometric assessment to:
- Create and support leadership development plans
- Boost teamwork amongst leaders
- Inform succession planning
- Add certainty to graduate recruitment
- Boost employee engagement by creating strong leadership
- Retain future stars by developing them into senior roles
I was introduced to the Thomas International Ltd PPA evaluations by Blues Point as a tool for identifying a person’s motivations, work ethic and key … Read More
I began my relationship with Blues Point after our preferred recruitment partner failed to pre-screen candidates thoroughly. This resulted in the hiring of a candidate … Read More