IT Systems Administrator
Home & Beckenham based with some travel to client sites.
As IT Systems Administrator you will be responsible for maintaining the company’s IT network and security systems, investigating and diagnosing network problems, making recommendations for improving IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
On a day to day basis, you will be called upon to help colleagues with more basic IT needs. This will mean you’ll need to share your own knowledge to help others, including setting up new users and managing backup, security and passwords. As an organisation, our client use contractors on a project basis you will need to manage and support access whilst maintaining data security.
As a network engineer you will also be supporting their streaming broadcast business, making sure their infrastructure is working smoothly within the office. As events require, temporary networks will be required onsite in venues and you will support these with the installation and running of them.
This will involve dealing with equipment and protocols that fuse the worlds of TV broadcast and web streaming, and offers an exciting chance to branch out from the common disciplines that an office environment requires. You will be key to making sure that the machines that they use to deliver live events, and those they use in the general running of the business are optimised to maintain the fine balance between security and performance, as both are vital.
Objectives of this Role
• Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware, for both the office environment and our web broadcasting business
• Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
• Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems that provide commercial advantage in a global marketplace
• Enable efficient business processes and use analytics for meaningful insights
• Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that’s always up and running
• Work with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements.
• Build and maintain network systems to be deployed in temporary locations.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Perform administration tasks, including user/group admin, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
• Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
• Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
• Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
• Perform regular internet failover and power backup tests to protect live streams
• Good understanding of Network security
• Wired LAN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS
• Some knowledge of MacOS
• Data governance and security
• Azure Active Directory
• Adminstering Exchange in O365 environment
• Administering Sharepoint in Office 365 environment
• VoIP, Load Balancing, troubleshooting network performance issues
• Wireless Security including wireless encryption, secure wireless design & management
• Windows 10
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive organisation with an impressive client base whose innovative approach has helped them to stay ahead of their competitors and ensure success. The role is likely to be a good fit for someone that is used to working within a small team and confident in their ability to ask the right questions and to work independently if needed.
To £40,000 depending on experience.
23 days’ holiday per year including 3 days to be taken between Christmas and the New Year.
We offer an annual bonus based on company performance and a 3% pension contribution.
Mobile working – you’ll get a company phone and laptop
Christmas party and summer off-site picnic, as well as regular team drinks – hopefully in person in the near future!
Charity initiatives – We’ve a nominated charity and organise group activities to raise money.
Membership of Health Assured: Employee Assistance Programme.
Monday to Friday Hours of Work: 08:30 – 17:30 – there may be a requirement for some evening and weekend work if onsite support is required. There can be flexibility in these working hours
The candidate will be encouraged to take hours worked in excess of this allocation as Time off in Lieu in order to maintain a healthy work life balance.
Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com