Lead Data Developer – Burton on Trent
Our client is looking to recruit a developer to help improve their in-house data processes and also help consolidate their data storage systems. Your role will be two-fold. Firstly, you will be in charge of a team responsible for data acquisition. You will both manage and assist this team where possible, assigning and monitoring work as well as assisting with tasks where needed. You will help to refine our in-house processes and improve our suite of data acquisition tools. Second you will assist with the consolidation of our in-house data sources, helping to bring all our data into one system.
The role holder must be an advocate of good data practice with the ability to influence at all levels, provide practical advice and guidance and remain approachable to all of the organisation’s people. This will ensure that data is governed appropriately in all areas, wherever it is used or processed.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled data manager to drive a new department forward, influence future business decisions regarding data and add value to the business.
The role requires a proven level of technical knowledge in SQL, data management, and Python (or a similar language).
• Knowledge of a language that can be used to create data acquisition tools, such as Python, Node.js or Ruby. Any language that you feel comfortable both working in and teaching to others will be considered.
• A working knowledge of PHP, as well as other web development languages and CSS, would also be an advantage.
• Experience with SQL is necessary. Experience with a range of different database types, including but not limited to MySQL, SQL Server and PostgreSQL, would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of database optimisation would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of data acquisition, cleaning and verification techniques.
• A working knowledge of data protection laws. Knowledge of the new GDPR laws would be an advantage.
• Experience with WordPress, Zoho and Sage is not required but would be helpful.
Permanent role in Burton on Trent, hours of work 9am – 5.30pm. To £45,000. Interested? Send your cv now!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com