Application Support Analyst
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an application support analyst to join their team in Burton on Trent. We are looking for someone who has experience of a laboratory environment, eg scientific, biomedical, diagnostics, in order that they will have a fundamental understanding of the challenges faced by users of the software.
· 3+ years of experience in a regulated laboratory role.
· Good knowledge of Computer systems within the lab environment
· Competent in General software usage in a Windows environment.
· Technically competent e.g. an understanding of how software impacts on the lab environment.
· Experience of supporting a bespoke software system.
· Experience of developing and delivering training materials and other documentation within a regulated environment.
· Confident communicator with ability to deliver clear and concise updates to the customer.
· Flexible to travel – there will be some travel in the new year to customer sites, such as for installations, and training sessions, and also occasionally overseas.
· Analytical approach with ability to problem solve.
· Experience of IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL) is advantageous.
· Previous experience with middleware and/or LIS would be advantageous.
· Knowledge of SQL Server would be advantageous.
· This person will be responsible for handling incoming customer calls globally – so a degree of flexibility is required to accommodate out-of-hours on-call support (this will involve occasional Saturdays, an allowance will be provided.)
· You will be responsible for managing the enquiry / complaint from first contact to resolution.
· You will be responsible for product documentation creation and delivery.
· Providing customer on-site installations.
· Providing technical support both remotely and at customer premises as required.
· Assisting with executing test scripts for new product versions before release.
· This person will be the primary contact for customer queries (first and second line support), responsible for end to end contact management globally.
· You will follow our complaints process in accordance with QMS procedures, identifying root cause and providing direction for resolution.
· You will work with development and commercial teams on resolving escalated issues.
· You will be responsible for creating and managing product documentation to include, but not limited to, operator manuals, training materials, validation guides and installation documentation.
· You will deliver customer training sessions.
· You will proactively gain and maintain technical user level product knowledge by working with test and development teams.
This role will be home based initially but in the longer term it will be office based in Burton. After your probationary period, you will be able to work from home up to 2 days per week (subject to approval.) There are some excellent benefits:
· Flexible working around core hours
· Option to work from home 1-2 days per week (Subject to approval on successful completion of probationary period)
· 24 days holiday plus 3 days during Christmas shutdown
· Employee assistance programme
· Life assurance
· Income protection scheme
· Generous contributory pension scheme
· Option for medical cash plan
· Free parking on site
A basic salary of £30,000 – £35,000 is on offer. Our client offers a friendly and dynamic working environment where there is the opportunity to get involved in lots of different projects in a fast paced industry. Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org