Our client is looking for a capable project manager to lead software development projects in a highly regulated environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving organisation based in Burton on Trent.
Home working is available (this will be 2 days per week – fully home based initially.)
About the role
The Project Manager will be accountable for leading and motivating a project team throughout the project development lifecycle to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget.
They will ensure that client relationships and associated projects are operationally and commercially managed in an effective and professional manner.
This person will facilitate scrum meetings, removing barriers to delivery, protecting and motivating the team, and jointly evaluating delivery with the team to ensure continuous improvement
· Maintaining the team’s capacity plan, Scrum board, sprint backlog, velocity charts and burn down charts.
· Identifying and communicating potential risks to the completion of the project, such as scope, resource, cost, quality and benefits.
· Partnering with Product Owners to prioritize delivery through effective backlog grooming and sprint planning
· Creating and managing project deliverables including, Schedules, Plans and Quality documentation and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
· Controlling day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) including effective management of project risks and issues
· Communicating and engaging with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient
· implementation of the project(s)
· A “hands on” approach to tasks not typically associated with Project Management if required by the situation to get the task done.
Key skills required
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Scrum or Project Management role in Software development environment
· PRINCE2 Practitioner or Certified SCRUM Master
· Experience of working in a Regulated environment
· Demonstrates industry knowledge and best practice
· Excellent organisational and negotiating skills
· Excellent stakeholder management ability
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Self-motivated with an ability to motivate others
· Ability to successfully lead and motivate a team to deliver in challenging and dynamic environment
· Occasional travel to customer site
· Driving licence essential.
Salary of £40,000 – £50,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits including flexible working hours, option to be home based 1-2 days per week (currently 100% home based due to COVID) contributory pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme.
Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org