Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join their team in Burton on Trent. This person will work on various projects, collaborating with the software development lead and other team members to design and develop high quality software, contribute to team and organisational best practices, and champion new approaches.
You’ll need to be based within commuting distance to Burton. Once your probationary period is completed, there is the option to work from home two days a week (Subject to approval).
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of Software Development experience, with skills in the following:
· .NET development, including ASP.Net Web API, C#, WPF, Entity Framework, SignalR
· Angular development, including HTML and CSS, Typescript and JS
· A thorough understanding of SOLID design principles
· Experience designing and developing relational databases
· Self-motivated and have a desire and ability to learn new technologies and domains.
· Ability to design and develop high quality software.
· Contribute to team and organisational best practices, and champion new approaches.
· Good verbal and written communication skills with a willingness to build strong working relationships within the project team.
· Keen to work closely with product managers/owners and software testers, actively seeking information where needed and aiding in refinement.
· Enable prioritisation by breaking down solutions into tasks and estimating their sizes
Desired Skills and Experience
· Minimum of 3 years commercial software development experience.
· Experience of working in an Agile project environment. Confident in contributing to daily stand-ups, refinement and retrospective meetings.
· Strong analytical skills needed to understand the product requirements and translate into designs and solutions.
· Experience with DevOps, continuous integration environments/processes
· Experience developing applications using TDD e.g. NUnit
Primary Capabilities and Responsibilities:-
Produce high quality codesolutions to coding standards and best practices.
Familiar with all aspects of the QMS relating to the software development procedures.
· Capable of providing reliable task breakdowns and time estimates for work as required.
Secondary Capabilities and Responsibilities:-
Actively develop domain knowledge to assist in defining software requirements.
Pro-actively support the test team in ensuring the quality of testing and product delivery.
Salary and benefits
• A salary of £35,000 – £40,000 is on offer. Benefits are as follows:
• Flexible working around core hours
• Option to work from home 1-2 days per week (Subject to approval on successful completion of probationary period)
• 24 days holiday plus 3 days during Christmas shutdown
• Employee assistance programme
• Life assurance
• Income protection scheme
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• Option for medical cash plan
• Free parking on site
Our client offers a friendly and dynamic working environment where there is the opportunity to get involved in lots of different projects in a fast paced industry. Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org