· c. 3 years Manual Testing experience
· Self motivated
· Focused on quality
· Passionate about software testing
· Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken.
· Attention to detail.
Software Tester role
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Software Tester to join their team in Burton on Trent. This person will work on various projects, collaborating with the test lead and other team members to ensure software testing is carried out to the highest level.
You’ll need to be based close to Burton and ideally have a driving licence. Once your probationary period is completed, there is the option to work from home two days a week (Subject to approval).
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of manual software testing experience. However, we are open to considering candidates with 1-3 years testing experience, particularly if you have done a computing degree or an industry placement year as a software tester.
· Collaborate with Test Lead and other team members to provide test estimates, test plans and schedules, as required, for your project work.
· Manage your time and tasks effectively and ensure your work is planned appropriately.
· Collaborate effectively with the wider project team to ensure communication is effective and shared goals are achieved.
· Actively contribute and engage in project meetings and agile ceremonies where required/appropriate.
· Ensure verbal and written communication is clear, concise and timely.
· Ensure that your testing activities are being performed in accordance with the Test Strategy.
· Actively seek to develop and improve your product knowledge for the products you work on.
· Consider product safety and other risks when deciding on test coverage and test case design. Ensure that any risk related concerns are reported to the Test Lead and Product Manager.
· Ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and how this impacts on the test approach/activities.
· Raise potential issues which threaten the timeline and delivery of a product in a timely manner to the Test Lead.
· Provide guidance, where appropriate, to colleagues where test advice and trouble-shooting assistance is required.
· Carry out testing activities to include analysis and design.
· Ensure that the Quality Management System is being followed at all times.
Secondary Responsibilities: –
· Assist in testing activities, to include creation of tests and test execution- both manual and automated approaches where required.
· Support development and Support teams in testing and delivery where required.
· Carry out any ad-hoc tasks that contributes to the success of the BDS Team
Salary and benefits
· A salary of £25,000 – £32,000 is on offer. Benefits are as follows:
· Flexible working around core hours
· Option to work from home 1-2 days per week (Subject to approval on successful completion of probationary period)
· 24 days holiday plus 3 days during Christmas shutdown
· Employee assistance programme
· Life assurance
· Income protection scheme
· Generous contributory pension scheme
· Option for medical cash plan
· Free parking on site
Our client offers a friendly and dynamic working environment where there is the opportunity to get involved in lots of different projects in a fast paced industry. Interested? Send your CV now!
Please note, Blues Point receives a high volume of applications to tester roles. We recommend sending a cover letter to ensure your application stands out from the crowd, and highlighting what qualities make you a good candidate for the role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com