SQL Database Administrator/Developer
Permanent role, Burton on Trent
Provide dedicated resource for the management and growth of the databases.
Be responsible for managing the databases (Live, UAT, Reports) and data including SQL code across all of platforms.
Key tasks, responsibilities and accountabilities
• Provide dedicated resource for the management and growth of the databases
• Responsible for managing the databases (Live, UAT, Reports) and data including SQL code across all platforms
• Data Modelling & DB Design – Suitable for ERP system, Reporting & Business growth
• Metadata Management – Building relevance to the data e.g. Data Warehouse
• Schema Management – Logically designed data structures.
• Backup and Recovery – Implement and manage DR plan for the database
• Data Integrity – Ensure data is suitably stored with correct constraints.
• Performance Management & Tuning – Monitoring DB activities and improving speed.
• Service Availability – Always On
• SQL Code Reviews – Ensuring all database code changes are designed to a high standard
• Data Security – Ensure authorised access to the data
• Capacity Planning – Accommodating data growth plans in the architecture
• Automating Reporting Facilities using Pivot tables and SSRS – Generation and delivery of data
• Data Analysis for Marketing/Operations/MI/BI – Mining and developing datasets
• Development – with other developers creating SQL code in the form of stored procedures/functions/views etc
• Replication within a SQL environment
• Using version control for tracking database code changes
• Building a Data Warehouse
• Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members
• A flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a small team
• Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results
• Demonstrates a deep understanding of
• Has worked on time sensitive projects
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Experience of managing multi-task / multi-priority work loads
• Ability to work calmly under pressure with a focus on delivery to deadlines
• Proactive by nature
£35,000 – £40,000 + bonus. Excellent employer with high staff retention and consistent growth.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com