Our client is looking for a Test Lead to join their team in Burton on Trent. This person will be leading and managing a project test team, defining the test strategy for a project and ensuring test activities are adhering to the test strategy, including:
· Coordinating different test approaches such as Manual, Automated UI and API and Exmploratory.
· Ensuring the necessary overall coverage is achieved while minimising duplicated effort.
· Test data, test environments and tools are defined and available for the team.
· Collaborate with test colleagues to provide test estimates, test plans and schedules for test activities to the Project Manager.
· Collaborating with the Project Manager, Product Manager and Technical Lead on the project ensuring communication is effective.
· Manage and communicate risks within the testing activities related to:
o Safe and proper functioning of the product.
o Compliance with QMS.
o Project schedule/timelines.
· Ensure that adequate and timely test planning activities are being conducted.
· Ensuring testing activities are being tracked and monitored and reporting accurate and timely progress metrics to the Project Manager.
· Train and mentor more junior, less experienced testers on the team where required.
· Collaborating in and coordinating tester activities in sprint planning, refinement, retrospective and daily standups where agile approaches are used.
Secondary Responsibilities: –
· Working with the Head Of Development other and other Test Leads to identify and progress strategic initiatives to support continuous improvement of the testing activities in particular and other organisational initiatives.
· Line management of testers if required.
· Support Head Of Development and HR during recruitment.
· Carry out any ad-hoc tasks that contributes to the success of the Team.
· Minimum 5 Years’ experience within software testing
· Experience of team leading
· Knowledge and experience of manual and automation testing.
· Working in agile and non-agile projects.
Our client offers an excellent work environment including flexible working around core hours, and the opportunity to work from home 2 days per week on successful completion of probationary period. Generous benefits package including contributory pension, discretionary bonus, and 24 days holiday + 3 days during the festive break.
Salary: To £40,000. Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com