SQL Database Administrator – Burton on Trent
Our client is looking for a SQL DBA to join their IT team and improve their database systems. This person will be responsible for maintaining day to day functions with monitoring and completing improvement and business need projects on the database systems.
• SQL Jobs and Stored Procedure Management – Tuning and monitoring
• General Database Systems Management
• MSSQL – Managing databases within this technology
• Web & Reporting Technology – XML, DB Connectors
• Change Control – Working with deployment technologies across test environments and production
• Workload Management – Assessing complexity, impact and benefit to prioritise tasks
• High Availability – Maintaining, troubleshooting and configuring replication and log shipping methods
• Working in Agile environment
• Using version control for tracking database code changes
• Holding responsibility for uptime and reliability
• Working with SQL versions up to and including SQL 2016
About your role:
• Data Modelling & DB Design – Suitable for ERP system, Reporting & Business growth
• Schema Management – Logically designed data structures
• Backup and Recovery – Implement and manage DR plan for the database
• Data Integrity – Ensure data is suitably stored with correct constraints
• Performance Management & Tuning – Monitoring DB activities and improving speed
• Service Availability – Always On
• Data Security – Ensure authorised access to the data
• Capacity Planning – Accommodating data growth plans in the architecture
The company continues to grow year on year and adapt well to changes in the industry. As a leader in the market we pride ourselves on providing a cutting-edge product combined with outstanding customer service.
You will need to have experience in working in a very fast paced environment with a proven track record of solving both technical and business need problems under pressure and communicating with users at varied skill levels. You will need to have a proven track record of working independently including workload management and meeting deadlines as well as working with other members of the IT teams.
The ideal candidate must take pride in their work, thriving to meet the existing standards operated throughout the IT team ultimately being willing and able to take responsibility for the availability, performance and reliability of all database services within the businesses IT systems, including Production, UAT, Business Reporting environments.
Other Skills and Responsibilities Preferred:
MySQL – Managing databases within this technology
SQL Code Reviews – Ensuring all database code changes are designed to a high standard
Automating Reporting Facilities – Generation and delivery of data
Business Analysis – Using knowledge of business operations to provide recommendations
To £42,500 + bonus scheme, pension, 25 days holiday. Based in Burton on Trent. Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org