We have an excellent opportunity for a PHP developer to join a vibrant development team within an established fast growing business in Burton on Trent.
Essential skills and knowledge:
• PHP 7.x (2+ years)
• OOP and MVC experience
• MySQL, MSSQL or similar
• Version control (GIT)
Other advantageous skills and experience:
• Laravel or similar PHP framework experience
• HTML 5 / CSS
• Knowledge of security standards based around PHP and JS
• RESTful API services (JSON, XML)
• Experience of Atlassian products
About the business
Our client is passionate about software development and they are experiencing tremendous growth. They have excellent modern office premises in Burton on Trent, a dedicated working area for the development team, and really lovely games facilities including table football and pool table. They offer a friendly, sociable atmosphere and welcome ideas and input from the team. They encourage team members to get involved in sharing knowledge and mentoring, and provide regular appraisals and annual salary reviews. Staff retention is high and there is a real buzz about the business.
We want someone who is bright and enthusiastic with a passion for software development. If you are excited by a technical challenge and always striving to achieve an excellent standard of work then our client will be keen to speak to you.
We expect you to have good attention to detail, be able to manage your own workload and have the ability to research effectively.
What the role involves:
• Working alongside a diverse team of developers, you will play an integral part in developing our core product range within the team, helping our products move forward utilising the next generation of development tools and languages based around PHP, JS, .NET, SQL and more.
• Creating new features, managing improvements and bugs and dealing with general framework tasks
• Working within the front and back-end of our applications which involves handling both business logic and database layers via web services
• Learning new skills alongside developing existing skillsets
• Working with other developers, managers, testers and designers within the development lifecycle
• Reporting directly to the development manager in a small and social team of 10.
• This is an opportunity to cross train into .Net as well as continuing in PHP.
Based in Burton on Trent, car parking available on site. Easily accessible by bus from Derby and Lichfield. To £32,000. Working hours: 9.15am – 5.45pm. Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org