SQL BI Team leader
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a SQL Business Intelligence Team Leader to join their thriving business. This role could be suitable for an experienced developer with some mentoring/team leading abilities who wants to progress into the role, or an experienced team manager that wants to continue their career with a growing business offering an autonomous position.
• Experienced MS SQL Server, SSIS and SSRS development specialist (Versions 2008R2 and above)
• Comfortable working with large SQL Server databases (100 million rows+)
• Complex SSIS and TSQL
• Confident to work independently but also knows when to seek clarification.
Initially you will be assisting the development team in systems upgrades and development projects for major blue chip clients. The right person will be someone that enjoys all aspects of a role like this – taking the lead technically, mentoring less experienced developers, and working closely with clients and ensuring projects are delivered.
What kind of person are we looking for?
It’s a busy environment where requirements change daily, and we are looking for someone that is excited by a fast pace. Logical problem solving is a key attribute as well as being sufficiently confident in your technical ability that you can make decisions on how to approach projects, and ensure best practice is adhered to.
This person will have the following attributes:
• Demonstrable experience of high-volume solution delivery in the Microsoft SQL Server Toolset is essential and in addition certification in MS SQL Server would be desirable.
• A self-starter who will bring existing technical and process quality support experience to the team.
• Effective multi-tasker with good prioritisation skills
• Has mature and proactive challenging approach to both technical and process improvements for the benefit of peers and the wider team.
• Confident in front of the client and participating in meetings/conference calls to:
o obtain clarification of their business requirement
o outline proposed system solutions
o provide delivery progress and schedule updates
o manage and report progress throughout Client System Integration and User Acceptance Stages of their delivery
You will be office based in Chesterfield – on-site free parking is provided. Unless you live locally you will probably need a car and your own transport to get to the office as we are not central.
Normal Working Hours 09.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday, although occasional out of hours working will be required to support Customer project deployments, which could be on a weekend.
£40,000 – £50,000 depending on experience. Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com