Network Administrator / 2nd Line Support Analyst
We have an excellent opportunity for a Network Administrator / 2nd line support engineer to join a highly successful business based in Coventry. This person will be responsible for ensuring the infrastructure is healthy and secure, and being a point of technical escalation for the 1st line team.
Our client is entering a period of system and infrastructure modernisation so a forward thinking mind set and enthusiasm for change is essential.
Technical skills – you will need to be proficient with most of these:
• Windows Server 2012
• MS Office 2013 through Office 365
• Active Directory
• Windows 7/10
• Mitel Phone Systems
• Working knowledge of system migrations within a live environment.
• Business Systems
• Working knowledge of break/fix hardware.
• Microfocus GroupWise
• Knowledge of VLANS, their use and configuration.
• Troubleshooting of complex system issues.
• Palo Alto Firewall Maintenance and configuration
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Tackling support tickets escalated from 1st line
• Infrastructure migrations
• Implementing software and OS security updates based on best practice
• Day to day support
• Technical leading on implementation of new systems and infrastructure
• Liaising with software vendors
• Looking at continuous improvement alongside the IT manager
• Participating in on-call – currently 1 weekend in 3. There may be an evening requirement in future also. On-call allowance provided.
About the company
Our client is offering a great chance to further your skills and experience – they are open to team members pursuing IT courses and accreditations if it is relevant to your role. This will be a fast-paced position with a focus on improving the infrastructure for the next 18 months – 2 years, and you’ll play a key role in making these changes happen. They have modern offices in Coventry City Centre. Free allocated parking.
Salary: £23,000 – £27,500 depending on experience, plus on-call allowance. 8.45am – 4.45pm Mon – Friday. Generous pension scheme. Staff discounts, eye care scheme.
Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org