IT Security Engineer
Permanent role in Coventry, West Midlands
This person will help the business to become PCI DSS and GDPR compliant from an IT Perspective. They will work closely with the IT manager to put together a business case for improvements to IT security in order to achieve compliance.
This person will likely come from an IT support background but will be focused on IT Security and keen to specialise and become an authority in the business on the subject of IT security.
Here are the key responsibilities of the role:
· Identify current risks to the business from an IT security standpoint.
· Advise on the current risks and how these should be mitigated
· Undertake groundwork towards compliance for PCIDSS compliance
· Ensure the IT systems are compliant with the GDPR
· Take a leading role in developing the IT security of the business.
· Undertake Cyber Essentials certification
· Develop business cases for the ongoing improvement of IT Security.
You will need to have a good understanding of securing and maintaining the following technologies
· Microsoft 365 (formerly Office365)
· Microsoft SQL
· Microsoft Windows 10 (inc Embedded)
· On Premise and Azure Windows Servers
· Cloud Applications
We need someone that has got a forward-looking attitude with an appetite for change, where it demonstrates a tangible improvement over the current. You need to be able to see a problem, log the problem and resolve it of your own volition.
Somebody who has previous experience within a multiple retail environment would be a strong candidate for this position.
The ability to review and document thoroughly is imperative,
You must have strong communication skills as you will be communicating with all levels of the business from Customer Service assistant to Chief Executive.
The ability to liaise with 3rd parties without assistance from a manager is imperative.
There will be some travel to local sites for audit purposes so you will need to have a driving licence and your own transport.
Based in Coventry. To £30,000 + good benefits package. Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org