IT Support Engineer
Full driving licence and own transport essential
• Office365 including Exchange
• Windows 10
• Server 2012 (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP)
• Networking (LAN/WAN(MPLS)/Wifi/Subnets)
• Android/iOS Configuration
• Remote Access solutions (VNC/TeamViewer)
• UK driving licence and own transport
Additional (desirable) skills
• Basic understanding of the concepts of cloud computing
• Knowledge of MPLS
• Knowledge of EPOS (strong candidates would have this)
• Basics of IT security.
You will take a leading role for the support and smooth running of computer systems, ensuring that colleagues and customers get maximum benefits of their interactions with them.
• Install and configure computer hardware, operating systems and applications
• Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
• Talk staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
• Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
• Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
• Support the roll-out of new applications
• Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
• Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
• Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
• Prioritise and manage many helpdesk tickets at one time
• Test and evaluate new technology
• Conduct basic electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
We need someone that’s got a forward-looking attitude with an appetite for clearing tickets quickly and accurately. You need to be able to see a problem, log the problem and resolve of your own volition.
You need to be empathetic to users’ IT problems and be aware of the impact that these issues may have on the customers.
You must have strong communication skills. Where tickets may be outside of your knowledge you should be able to escalate to the network administrator, IT manager or, on occasion, senior stakeholders.
This role, by its nature has moments of high pressure and being able to keep a cool head during these times is crucial.
A willingness to provide out of hours support is essential. 1 week in 4.
Onsite travel is needed within the role on occasion, so having your own suitable transport (Car/Van) is essential.
Salary: To £25,000 + on-call allowance. Good benefits package.
Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com