Application Support Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for an application support engineer with a successful business in Lichfield who make their own ERP software. You will be assisting their international client base, providing 1st and 2nd line support on the software. This is a great role for someone that enjoys technical problem solving and working with SQL.
• Application Support (ERP, WMS or similar)
• SQL Script writing
• Excellent customer service & problem solving skills
• PC Support
• Helpdesk ticketing software
• Driving licence
• Willing to participate in on-call rota
This role will involve troubleshooting, installing and configuring software for clients – the resolutions can be quite complex so it’s a great role for someone that knows how to ask the right questions and enjoys problem solving and working closely with clients. Your duties will be as follows:
• Providing support by phone, email and chat
• Troubleshooting complex issues via remote support
• Developing best practice, tips and training scripts for customers
• Inputting technical issues into bug tracking software
• Assisting with QA
About the opportunity
Blues Point has worked with this business for many years and we know them to be an excellent employer offering a great career path, and they have an excellent record of staff retention with many of the people we have placed progressing to more senior positions within the business. You will also get the opportunity to work with SQL Server and become proficient in SQL script writing. They offer a dynamic, fun, and fast-paced work environment and interesting technical challenges to get your teeth into!
On-call is approximately 1 week in 6 or 7 depending how many engineers are on the rota. This usually commences after 6 months in the role once you are confident with the software.
Great salary and package on offer, including:
• Basic salary £23,000 to £28000
• On-call allowance – £1500 to £2500 depending on how many engineers are on the rota.
• Flexible working around core hours
• Gym membership
• Contributory Pension
• Free car parking
The location is just off the A38 and easy to get to from Burton, Tamworth, Derby, Sutton Coldfield, Cannock, Stafford. Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org