A successful business with headquarters in Leicester is in the middle of a large project to consolidate the group’s IT systems. This is a complex undertaking!
They are part way through the implementation of a new ERP system (Dynamics AX) and there is a huge amount of data coming from dozens of different sources, so there is a need for a team of experienced BI developers (SQL / Cognos) who are able to make sense of it all.
You’ll be part of a large integration, development, reporting and support effort, working with other committed professionals, and in a supportive technical environment. The company is large enough for there to be future training and career development opportunities in a range of interesting directions.
They will expect to see some of the following technical skills on your CV:
- Cognos (Cognos BI / Cognos BI Platform / ETL / Cognos BI 10.2 / Cognos Report Studio / Cognos Query / Cognos Framework)
- Relational Database and SQL Language
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) (Microsoft SSIS)
- Data Warehouse / Solution Design
- Microsoft BI stack (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS and Power BI)
- Dimensional Modeling (Kimball Methodology)
- Analytics / OLAP Cube Development (Microsoft SSAS and MDX)
- Report Development (Microsoft SSRS)
- Dashboard Development (Microsoft Power BI)
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP exposure Cognos
If you have experience of working in manufacturing, warehousing, supply chain, that would be perfect – but it’s not absolutely necessary.
These are the personal qualities that will help you in this role:
- Willingness to learn new skills
- An enquiring mind
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business.
- Good attention to detail
- Questioning approach
- Strategic awareness.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Working using own initiative
- Work effectively with other team members
- Excellent organisational skills
- Have a strong work ethic
- Driven by results.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Designing and developing reports and dashboards in line with business requirements and the IT strategy.
- Enhancements to existing reporting, applying knowledge to identify improvements, ensure best use of technology deployment
- Working in collaboration with Technical/Business Analysts to identify user needs and building solutions.
- Develop blended Business Intelligence reports using data from our client’s major business systems.
- Communicate solutions and follow processes to keep the business up to date on developments.
Salary and benefits: £35,000 – £45,000 + profit share, 24 days holiday, pension, career opportunities.
So – if you are a business intelligence specialist keen to make a real difference to a growing company in a focused team, get in touch.
email@example.com 01283 530923 07710 462653
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org