Service levels and pricing for permanent recruitment
The services we offer are highly comprehensive and, as a result, we have a preferred approach when it comes to working with our clients.
We would like to work with your business on an exclusive one-to-one basis. Why? Because this allows us to give you our full attention until the role is filled. It means that we’re able to utilise our full array of tools and resources, dedicating a great deal of time and effort into finding somebody who has high potential to remain within your business for the foreseeable future.
And in fact, 100% of the candidates we placed between 2017 and 2018 were still with their company a year after placement.
We also charge a non-refundable engagement fee up front, in most cases. This covers our initial start-up costs and, we feel, demonstrates a mutual commitment to the process from both parties.
However, if you’re worried about making a financial commitment upfront without knowing whether your new placement will meet your requirements – there’s really no need. We offer a guarantee to our clients – providing peace of mind that you’re not wasting money on a short-term hire. For established clients who follow our recommended processes this guarantee can be up to 6 months.
For all service levels we will manage the candidate journey on your behalf, arranging interviews, dealing with offers and rejections, and making sure that we represent you in a way that is true to your business, brand and values. We will do identity, right to work, and reference checks as required.
For highly specialised roles we may manage other recruitment agencies on your behalf, in order to access the widest possible pool of candidates. This process will be seamless, and you will retain a single point of contact – with us.
Interested in learning more? Below is a summary of our four service levels.
Bronze – 15% of first-year remuneration
- Initial consultation – we will talk to you in depth about the requirement and the kind of individual you are looking to recruit.
- Job description optimisation – standard job descriptions are rarely optimised with the best candidates in mind. We will work with you to create a job description that captures the role accurately and that will attract talented applicants from a wider pool.
- Advertising – We advertise jobs on our own website, as well as various other sites that we subscribe to. Our adverts are written in house rather than simply cutting and pasting the job description. When we write adverts we aim for a balance between web optimisation (so that job seekers can find them easily) and making the role sound as attractive as possible, so that they will want to apply.
- Database searching – we use advanced Boolean techniques to deep search external job boards and our own database.
- Social media promotion – we are experts in using social media to attract high-quality candidates. We’ll actively promote your role to our extensive Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn networks.
- Telephone screening – our telephone screening with candidates is very thorough. We will provide a cover sheet on the CV outlining the candidate’s current situation, why they are interested in the role, and highlighting their suitability for the position.
Silver – 20% of first-year remuneration – for mid-level appointments.
All of the above, plus the following:
- Recruitment planning – If you don’t have a plan in place, your recruitment project can slip. To avoid this scenario, we will work with you to complete a plan whereby we will agree a deadline for us to send CVs, a deadline for feedback, dates for interview, 2nd interviews and so on. Ultimately you’ll know when you can expect to have the new starter in place, so that you can plan around it.
- Up to 5 IKM tests included (or Thomas GIA, depending on which is more appropriate for the role).
- Up to 5 Thomas International Personality Profile Assessments (PPAs) included.
- Face-to-face or video interviewing. At interview we will aim to confirm: that the candidate is professional and presentable; that the candidate is well prepared for their interview with you; that the candidate understands the challenges of the job they are being considered for, and will rise to them; that the candidate knows what to expect from the interview process; and (if the candidate is in permanent employment) – whether they are anticipating a counter offer, and ensure they know the consequences of accepting one. By the time we get to the stage of inviting a candidate for interview, it is usually the case that they will impress us in person, but there are occasions when we have withdrawn candidates at this stage who have failed to meet the basic criteria.
- Insight interview questions. We can provide you with targeted interview questions based on the candidate’s PPA report, designed to address areas of weakness, or where further explanation is required.
- We will use our premium LinkedIn accounts to do deep LinkedIn search and target relevant candidates for your role, both active and passive.
- Thomas International Onboarding report included. This provides you with guidance on how to behaviourally approach new starters to ensure you are able to quickly maximise their potential, including suggestions on how to approach working with them, and initial development ideas.
- Thomas ‘How to Manage’ report included. This is a very useful report that gives you an insight into how the successful candidate responds to various management styles. Very important for those critical initial months, and beyond.
Gold – 25% of first-year remuneration – for strategic/managerial appointments.
All of the above, plus the following:
- Competitor targeting – we will work with you to compile a shortlist of organisations that you consider to be good candidate sources, in order for us to directly target candidates that are of particular interest to you.
- X-ray searching – Google is a much more powerful search engine than most social media & networking sites. Using Google to search sites like Linkedin ‘from the back’ yields more results, and provides us access to candidates whose profiles are not visible in the standard search. X-ray searching can also be used to identify candidates on specialist sites such as GitHUB and Stack Overflow.
- Headhunting – The best candidates for your job are seldom by the phone for recruiters to call. In reality, they are probably performing a similar role, quite happily, and exceptionally well, for one of your competitors. But they might consider talking to you if the opportunity with your organisation is sold to them in the right way by your recruitment partner. And that’s where the headhunt begins – a skill that most agency recruiters are not expert in. Headhunting usually involves a discreet call to the candidate’s workplace, bypassing gatekeepers, and gaining the candidate’s trust in order to talk to them in more depth.
- Up to 5 Thomas TeiQUE reports. These are Emotional Intelligence assessments designed to tell you how well your people understand and manage their emotions, how well they interpret and deal with the emotions of others and how they use this knowledge to manage relationships.
- Up to 5 Motivational Maps included. Performance depends on the right direction, the appropriate skills and massive amounts of motivation. The Motivational Maps® system provides the solution to what is probably the most difficult of these to manage and sustain – motivation. Motivational Maps® reveals your key motivators in clear and easy to understand reports.
Platinum – 30% of first-year remuneration – for senior leadership appointments, department heads, and highly specialised roles
All of the above, plus the following:
- Competency-based interviewing – we will do a full (face-to-face) competency-based interview at your offices with all shortlisted candidates, and we will provide a detailed report for each.
- Unlimited assessments – we will provide access to the full suite of behavioural and technical assessments and reports, for shortlisted candidates – including all those previously mentioned, plus: Intelligence, Potential, Leadership Skills, Training Needs, and Management Strengths.