Have you ever been let down by a recruitment agency?
This is because the traditional agency model is flawed. Here's why.
- The interests of the recruitment agency are often in direct opposition to the interests of their client. Staff turnover is seen as a good thing.
- Recruitment agencies are motivated by making a placement that only just outlasts the rebate period offered in their terms of business.
- The 'no win, no fee' model means that there is no reward for doing a thorough due diligence recruitment project. Corners are inevitably cut.
- Engaging more than one agency turns the recruitment process into a race, and quality control is the first thing to go.
- In a multi-agency situation, each recruiter has a lower individual chance of success, so their commitment to the process is reduced, and they'll put their best candidates forward for jobs elsewhere.
We don't believe that this traditional model works, so we do things differently.
Our recruitment philosophy
As a client of ours, we want you to have an effective recruitment process in place. An effective process means that you are more likely to keep hold of your people, so that you can focus on business growth instead of fighting to stand still.
Effective recruitment means focusing on the person, not just on their CV. We believe that for most roles, and especially for management, senior executive, and client-facing roles, a person’s behaviours and motivation are just as important as their technical skills. Often, more so.
Most recruitment decisions in the UK today are based on technical knowledge, industry experience, and first impressions. This may be why so many hiring decisions turn out to be very expensive mistakes. In the world of recruitment, prevention is definitely better than cure.
In other words, it pays to get it right first time. Anything else is a false economy.
We work in partnership with our clients to deliver the best recruitment process possible, and we guarantee our placements for up to 6 months.
Because of the time, energy, and commitment that we invest in our recruitment projects, and the value of the assessments we provide, the majority of our work is done on a retained basis.
What we give you
- We use objective recruitment tools to measure technical ability, behaviours, emotional and general intelligence. You receive a report on each of the assessments that we use.
- After we interview candidates, we send you a report that gives our opinion.
- When you employ someone through Blues Point, we send you a tailored management report that is based on their behavioural assessment.
You are more likely to engage, develop, and retain your employees for the long term if you understand what makes them tick, and if you manage them in the appropriate way.
Our reports will help you do this.
Ask yourself: does your current recruitment partner do all this?
Recruiting IT staff
Any growing business will need a strong IT team at its heart, and when it comes to recruiting IT staff, getting the right people on board is crucial. In our experience, the right candidates do not merely tick a few boxes technically, but rather they are people that understand the core values of your business, and have the right behaviours and motivation to add value for the long term.
Of course, there is always risk associated with recruiting IT staff – candidates can change their minds. Our robust process is intended to minimise the risk to you, and ensure that by the time you have decided to make an offer to a candidate, neither of you will have any doubts that it is the right role for the right person.
We offer a very comprehensive service, taken from the following:
- Meet with you to agree full job description / person specification
- Confirm Terms of Business
- Define project delivery timetable (see below)
- Plan interview / feedback schedule
- Register candidates
- Obtain permission to represent
- Verify identity
- Check permission to work in the UK
- Conduct technical testing
- Interview in person – by Skype, telephone, or face-to-face
- Arrange psychometric testing and competency-based interviewing (if required)
- Provide interview reports
- Take up references
- Arrange interviews
- Supply you with interview questions tailored to the individual and their assessment results.
- Provide feedback to / from all candidates
- Handle job offers and the resignation process
- Give ongoing candidate care
- Take up references and background checks on individuals, as required
- Conduct Motivational Maps assessment after the probation period.
We can offer the complete service for both permanent and for interim / contract recruitment assignments if required, no matter how tight the timetable.
You may prefer to use your own in-house technical assessments, or your HR department may have access to psychometric test tools. We will tailor the process according to your requirements.
Here are our four main service levels.
Access to candidates
Some companies do their own recruitment, but it’s often an expensive, time-consuming, and labour-intensive process. Why bother with this when with no financial risk you can put us to the test? We have 10 years’ experience finding the best IT candidates in the Midlands, London, and beyond, so we know the market, the people, and the various ways to attract the best candidates to your company.
We place people in the following IT areas: director, management, operations, software development, systems implementation, support, and sales.
Our main sources of candidates are:
- Our own database
- CV databases on all the major IT job boards
- Advertising on over 100 IT job sites
- Press advertising
- Agency partnerships
- Our candidate referral scheme.
We’ve said it before, but it bears repeating: we GUARANTEE our results.
The interview process
We do an in-depth profile of every shortlisted candidate, by phone in the first instance, and in person or by Skype / FaceTime as appropriate.
At interview we will aim to confirm the following:
- The candidate is professional and presentable;
- The candidate is well prepared for their interview with you – they have researched the business;
- The candidate understands the challenges of the job they are being considered for, and will rise to them;
- The candidate knows what to expect from the interview process; and
- (If candidate is in permanent employment) – whether they are anticipating a counter offer, and ensure they know the consequences of accepting one.
By the time we get to the stage of inviting a candidate for interview, it is usually the case that they will impress us in person, but there are occasions when we have withdrawn candidates at this stage who have failed to meet the basic criteria.
For a more holistic view, we offer competency-based interviewing as part of the process, after which we supply you with a detailed interview report.
Riviera Travel have used Blues Point on a number of occasions to fulfil IT employment within the business. Blues Point have a much higher interview … Read More
Throughout the process, they were extremely accommodating, listened to our feedback, reacted in a timely manner and made the process very easy. For us they … Read More
Blues Point’s service offering is more than just recruitment; they supply us with technical testing services, advice on market conditions and salary information, and they continue … Read More
Blues Point have provided us with their technical testing services for a number of roles now, and they also put candidates through them as part … Read More
I just wanted to say a big thank you for the kind card you sent me – I’ve just picked it out of my in-tray … Read More
Blues Point is definitely the best agency that I have used in over 15 years as an IT contractor, they make a genuine effort to … Read More
Blues Point is a first-class recruitment partner for Juriba: the staff are professional, approachable and resourceful. They have a knack for getting right to the … Read More
We engaged Blues Point having tried working with other recruitment agencies without much success. We were finding that a candidate looked great on paper but … Read More
We incorporated the IKM TeckChek tests into our recruitment process in order to validate a candidate’s technical skill set. The tests were easy to implement and … Read More
I engaged Blues Point after they were recommended to me by a colleague in the industry. They came over to talk about our situation and it … Read More
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, Vicky and all at Blues Point for this opportunity and the excellent service you provided me. … Read More
I began my relationship with Blues Point after our preferred recruitment partner failed to pre-screen candidates thoroughly. This resulted in the hiring of a candidate … Read More
I’ve had a lot of experiences of agencies over the years, mostly from a recruiter perspective, rather than recruitee. Blues Point exceeded my experience of … Read More
Steph is professional, courteous and extremely knowledgeable in the area of IT recruitment. She was a pleasure to work with and I wouldn’t hesitate to … Read More
Kerry Foods have been a client of Blues Point for a number of years enabling the recruitment of several members staff into the IT team. … Read More
We would highly recommend Blues Point for their professional, efficient and dependable service. We know that we can rely on them to produce high quality … Read More
Blues Point are very good at understanding our business, our projects, our vacancy requirements, and our culture. I have been consistently impressed with their professionalism, … Read More
Team Rewards chose Blues Point as our recruitment partner after a recommendation from one of our own clients. After our initial meeting Blues Point quickly … Read More
STRATEC Biomedical has experienced considerable growth over the last 18 months, with a 50% increase in headcount. Blues Point were our first choice when it … Read More
We recruit technical roles through Blues Point, and all candidates now take the appropriate test before we interview them. The tests definitely add something to … Read More
I highly recommend Alex and Blues Point as a recruiter. Out of the many recruiters I approached whilst looking for a new role, Blues Point … Read More
I was introduced to the Thomas International Ltd PPA evaluations by Blues Point as a tool for identifying a person’s motivations, work ethic and key … Read More
Blues Point ensured that we hired the right person for our business, who was both technically strong, but more importantly, has the right behaviours to … Read More
A great recruitment agent and would recommend to anyone, Very honest and always returns phones calls when promised, which is a breath of fresh air … Read More