How we help candidates
Our process is aimed at finding you a role that offers you what you are looking for, and we take steps to ensure that you are the right person for the job. Here’s how we operate:
- If we think your CV is a good match, we will contact you by telephone and have a conversation to establish suitability and interest.
- If we both agree that you are a good match for the role, we will interview you in person if possible, or via Skype / FaceTime.
- We report to our client. If they would like to interview you, we will probably ask you to sit a short technical test in your area of IT.
- You will probably also sit one or more online behavioural or motivational assessments. We will talk you through these.
- Prior to interview you will receive a detailed job specification, plus company information and maps.
- We give honest and prompt feedback following each interview stage. If you are unsuccessful, we will match your profile to any future positions that might be suitable for you. We will only send your CV to a client with your permission, and we will only offer you an interview for a job to which you are potentially suited. We do not waste your time or our own working on anything other than real job vacancies for clients with whom we have strong relationships.
- We'll negotiate job offers on your behalf.
- If you're a contractor, we'll pay you on time and either weekly or monthly, depending on your preference.
Our website has a whole host of resources aimed at helping you write and market your CV, apply for jobs, prepare for interviews, and generally maximise your chances of finding a new job. You can sign up to our regular blog and email newsletter, follow our Twitter feed @BluesPoint, or ‘like’ our Facebook page so we can keep in touch.
I was introduced to Blues Point when I was looking for a new role myself. I was unsuccessful in my pursuit for that role, however I did recommend Blues Point to one of my friends. My friend managed to … Read More
I found the test to be difficult but not impossible, and it correctly identified my technical strengths – and weaknesses! Overall, it seemed very fair, and the results document is a good thing to show at future interviews.
Blues Point is definitely the best agency that I have used in over 15 years as an IT contractor, they make a genuine effort to find the best people for a particular role. In my experience most other agencies … Read More
I just wanted to say a big thank you for the kind card you sent me – I’ve just picked it out of my in-tray now and was very surprised to receive it! Time is flying past here and … Read More
A great recruitment agent and would recommend to anyone, Very honest and always returns phones calls when promised, which is a breath of fresh air when dealing with agencies. She was very knowledgeable about the role I was discussing … Read More
Steph is professional, courteous and extremely knowledgeable in the area of IT recruitment. She was a pleasure to work with and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Steph to others looking for a new career opportunity or to any business … Read More
Blues Point found me my ideal role shortly after being made redundant and their processes were second to none. I supplied Blues Point with the names and contact details of my ex-colleagues who had also been made redundant and … Read More
I’ve had a lot of experiences of agencies over the years, mostly from a recruiter perspective, rather than recruitee. Blues Point exceeded my experience of recruitment agencies. They contacted me about a single job, which was a perfect match … Read More
I was contacted by Blues Point regarding a permanent job – at the time I wasn’t looking for a new role but I mentioned to the consultant that I knew someone with similar skills that might be interested. They … Read More
When a friend mentioned to me his difficulty in finding a developer for his IT department I immediately introduced him to Blues Point. Having used them previously and been very impressed with their service and the quality of their … Read More
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, Vicky and all at Blues Point for this opportunity and the excellent service you provided me. I had no single complaint or problem.
I highly recommend Alex and Blues Point as a recruiter. Out of the many recruiters I approached whilst looking for a new role, Blues Point and particularly Alex stood out as the most professional and most likely to find … Read More