Technical Support Engineer
Our client, a thriving business with multiple UK sites, is looking for a 2nd line support engineer to join their team in Northampton. Working closely with the IT manager you will provide support to over a hundred users.
There will be some travel to Leicester, so you will need to have a driving licence and your own transport.
Key technical skills:
• Windows 10
• Office 365
• IT Hardware
• Networking (DNS, IP, Switching and Routing)
• Building hardware such as laptops and PCs
• Any knowledge of Hyper-V including storage understanding on Windows Servers would be beneficial.
• Databases – MS Access and SQL.
• Using initiative to proactively seek out and investigate resolutions to newly arising issues
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Customer service
• Being flexible in the face of changing circumstances and situations
The mark of success in this role is that all customer/staff issues are diagnosed correctly and are solved in a good amount of time dependant on the nature of the issue.
You will get full training and on-going support to reach your potential and be a successful member of our team.
On a week-to-week basis you will be doing the following:
• Provide second line support for your less experienced front line support teammates
• Help out outstanding tickets from other Support staff
• Reporting on bugs and suggesting improvements to reduce them from occurring
• Share your knowledge and insights with your first line teammates on the Help Desk
• Maintain your Support queries and complete all outstanding jobs.
• Find ways of improving the systems
• Reporting into your line manager with any problems/issues that can’t be resolved so that we can find solutions to get them resolved.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving business in a high-profile role where there will be interesting project work to get your teeth into as well as varied day to day activities. A great chance to further your career in IT.
Salary £20-22k + benefits. Interested? Send your CV now!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com